Election Commission has declared the dates of 5 States
Punjab, Goa to have polls on February 4, Uttarakhand to vote on February 15
Electoral rolls to be published on
Goa: January 5
Manipur: January 12
Punjab: January 5
Uttarakhand: January 10
Uttar Pradesh: January 12
Key points :-
- All five states will go to election in one go.
- There will be strict expenditure monitor mechanism to curb black money.
- ECI discourages use of environmentally hazardous material in Assembly Elections campaigns.
- All women-managed polling stations would be set up.
- 1.85 lakh polling stations to be in operation for Assembly Elections to the five states.
- Every polling station will have 4 posters for voting procedure and dos and don’ts.
- Commission will introduce photo voter list. Nearly 100% voters have Electoral photo ID Card.
- Height of voting compartments has been raised to 30 inch for secrecy.
- Colourful voter guides will be distributed to each family.
- Nearly 16 crore voters will be participating in the polls.